Well, it’s official, y’all. I am a married man. And now Joe is my forever man crush Monday. [Let’s pop some bubbs!🍾]
Late last year, I broke the news that I was engaged to my longtime partner in crime. Since then I’ve filled the pages of Listen! It’s Vetrano with wedding tips–mostly as a reminder for me. But for those in who have found your ride-or-die, I appreciate you coming along the journey with Joe and I as we approached our big day.
On May 19, 2018, Joe and I shared vows and “I dos” on a rooftop in Nashville, overlooking the downtown skyline with our family and close friends. Forever we are now together as one. Picking Joe as my lifelong man crush Monday was easy for me. I knew from the day I met him that he was the yin to my yang. And when we made it official, it just felt like a chapter had officially closed while another was just beginning. There are so many reasons that I love Joe, but I tried to narrow it down to just ten to share with you.
10 Reasons I Chose Joe As My Forever Man Crush Monday
- His sense of humor. He can make me laugh harder than anyone else in this world.
- How he keeps little mementos of everything we have done, even though my OCD makes me break out in hives when I find them around the house.
- The way he tries to hide his face when he cries at movies (or a shampoo commercial) and acts like he’s suddenly come down with a cold.
- His skills in the kitchen (and other rooms of the house… sorry, but 💁🏻♂️).
- The feeling I get when just sitting on the beach with him, listening to our favorite summer bops.
- The way he challenges me and gives me honest life advice on how I could be a better person.
- I love the way he looks at me and how it makes me feel peaceful and loved, even when I feel I’m at my worst.
- He puts up with my moodiness and all my other imperfections.
- His devilishly handsome face. I mean… c’mon… look at him!
- And lastly and most importantly, when I am with him, I can be myself.
My hope for those of you reading this is to find the person that makes you feel all of these ways and more. Love is a powerful, meaningful and critical part of life and I wish the happiness I have found to all of you.