If you’ve been following me on social media, you likely saw hints of my surprise trip to Chattanooga for my birthday in November or Bachelors Party weekend last month. Who knew Chattanooga would play such a pivotal role in my social milestones?
My love affair with the small(ish) Tennessee town began after a nonstop night of birthday fun with my #squad in Nashville. I woke up late in the morning the next day, trying to piece together a semblance of why I felt so “tired,” to packed bags and a smirk of Joe’s face that indicated he had a surprise in store. Once semi-hydrated, our quick road trip began.
Once we arrived, I was relieved to find solace through hair of the dog at Robar for their phenomenal happy hour. The quaint, sophisticated bar serves delicious snacks and a champagne cocktail that can’t be beat. All for an affordable price, we set up shop for a few drinks and snacks while we discussed our weekend itinerary and hotspots with the locals across the bar.
Next, we checked in at our fabulous bed-and-breakfast, The Mayor’s Mansion Inn. A four-diamond hotel with a historically charming vibe and friendly staff. Serving breakfast each morning in a gorgeous dining room and service staff that attended to our afternoon cocktail needs. This is a must for a romantic getaway weekend (thanks, Joe!).
It wasn’t long into our trip that Joe and I quickly decided that Chattanooga, only a short drive from our Nashville home, would forever play a pivotal part of our love story. We had such a memorable weekend, which later hosted our closest friends for our Bachelor’s Weekend [view the Bachelor’s Party highlight story on my Instagram page]. If you’re planning a trip to Chattanooga, I’ve compiled a list of places not to miss below.
Top Chattanooga Hotspots
- Alleia: When our #vfgroomsquad (aka wedding party) dropped this Italian hot spot on our itinerary, it was a delicious surprise. The menu is packed full of incredible pasta and entree options. I can’t wait to go back!
- Robar: As described above, this is the town’s best happy hour spot!
- MTG. Place & St. John’s Restaurant: If St. John’s Restaurant is where you take your partner on date night, the MTG Place is where you take your sexy side piece for drinks. Located next door to one another, these both offer the best Chattanooga has to offer. An upstairs bar and lounge in the MTG Place is perfect for a happy hour drink. While St. John’s Restaurant is beloved by locals as serving the best food in the city. And they are not wrong!
- Stir: Go for the brunch! Stir offers $1 mimosas (not a typo) or $2 for a double. It’s the best deal Chattanooga has to offer – I can guarantee that!
- Flying Squirrel: This fun, quirky restaurant is perfect for both brunch and late night. With cheap cocktail offerings and a lounge-inspired vibe, this is a must for any time of day.
Chattanooga Honorable Mentions
- Beast & Barrel: Serving brunch, lunch, and dinner, with an option-friendly menu that caters to even the pickiest eaters. And the mimosa and bloody mary bar has something for everyone (over 21).
- Easy Bistro & Bar: They have a drink named after Real Housewives of New York star Tinsley Mortimer and the dining room is casual chic. Need I say more?
- Chattanooga Aquarium: Celebrating 25 years in business, this is a wonderful way to spend the day between meals, taking in ocean life from all over the globe.
- Public House: Loved sitting on their patio in the warm weather, sipping rosé and enjoying a crab cake sammy. Plus, they gave me a birthday card and coupon for my next visit that was signed by the staff. That alone gives them an honorable mention.
Have you visited Chattanooga and have a place that I should check out? Share it in the comments below and let me know your picks for the Tennessee town’s hotspots.