THE FIRST DAY OF FALL MEANS CRISPER WEATHER, PUMPKIN-SPICED EVERYTHING AND FALL FASHION!
It’s no secret summer weather is not my favorite (see: 5 Reasons I am Over Summer), especially when it comes to summer style. So after months of sweating my way through meetings, happy hours and bug-infested porch time, I am beyond ready to welcome fall (and fall fashion).
Today marks the first day of the cooler season. And though there’s no sign of the crisper temps swirling through the air quite yet, I can’t help but start thinking about my cozy wool sweaters, fashion-forward jackets and denim on denim (on denim) that’s been stuck in the back of the closet for months.
As you, too, pack away the short shorts and tank tops, here’s a list of my must-haves to keep you cozy-chic (it’s a thing!) this fall.
FALL FASHION MUST-HAVES
- Denim on denim. Call it a Canadian tuxedo if you must, but this look is a flawless fall fashion essential to take you from day to night. For a fun flair, try it with black distressed denim or mix and match.
- Cozy sweaters. The perfect cozy sweater will look stylish enough for date night, but feel comfortable enough for Netflix.
- Boots. The perfect pair of stylish boots is fundamental in completing any fall look.
- Plaid shirt. And lot’s of it. If you don’t have one (or two) already, grab one in your favorite color for the perfect layer or accessory this fall.
- A wool scarf. A lightweight wool scarf pairs well with any look and prepares you for the cooler temps ahead.
- The bomber jacket. It’s too warm still for the puffer, but an on-trend bomber keeps you comfortable, while looking hot. That’s why I have a closet full of them.
- A staple henley. Make a long-sleeve henley your layering hero for fall. Wear it under a button-down shirt (like a chambray or flannel one) or pair it solo with jeans.
- Crewneck sweatshirt. Another layering must-have that’s clutch to your fall wardrobe. Wear it with jeans when you’re watching the game or over your button-down shirt and chinos for an office-appropriate outfit.
- Slim fit chinos. They’re appropriate for a meeting with your boss, but can transition to a night on the town in a flash. Dress them down with a t-shirt, denim jacket and sneakers.
- The perfect blazer. One of the most important pieces in your wardrobe, a perfectly tailor black or navy blazer will dress up every fall outfit in one go. Even your denim on denim masterpiece from above.
Want to stay in touch this fall and share outfits and fall faves? Follow me on Instagram and let’s share stories!