We all love to know what inspires our favorite stars and we want to know what – or who– is behind our favorite lyrics. But why is every interview so serious all the damn time? ‘Take 5′ is a regular feature on Listen! It’s Vetrano that gives readers insight into some of the lighter things in your favorite stars’ lives. And next up in the ‘Take 5′ hot seat, Cory Bishop from the Nashville-based indie rock band The New Schematics.
The band’s debut single “Born Without Borders” dropped earlier this month on iTunes and you can catch the accompanying lyric video here. Be sure to visit thenewschematics.com for more information about the band and where you can see them live, but first Take 5 with lead vocalist Cory Bishop below.
1. If you had to pick only one song to listen to for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
This is literally the hardest question anyone has ever asked me. It’s kind of torture thinking about all of the artists and songs I’m about to betray… [I’ll] go with Springsteen’s “Racing in the Street” because no other song makes you want to drag race, write better songs, and cry— all at once.
2. In three words or less, describe your personal style?
Floral floral floral.
3. What is your favorite city in America and favorite thing to do while there?
Oh man. We love Charleston, SC… Raleigh, NC… New York… but I think we’ll have to go with Nashville. It’s home. And nothing gives us more life than playing rock ’n’ roll songs for all of our friends.
4. If you knew you only had one night left on Earth, what would you do with it?
Honestly? Gather everyone we know together to drink whiskey, eat tacos, and have a 90’s rom-com marathon on VHS until we die.
5. In honor of Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” music video release, who would win in an epic battle of pop music: Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez?
Taylor Swift could beat anyone in literally any battle.