Music Monday: Should’ve Been Hits – Divas Edition
It’s Monday afternoon and you’re trying to get through the rest of your work day. I know the feeling… trust me! You’re probably sitting at your computer, pretending to put the final touches on that report to your boss that was due yesterday, but really surfing Facebook and daydreaming about what you’re having for dinner and what’s saved on your DVR. (Oooh! Real Housewives of Orange County Reunion starts tonight!) Then you remember, “Hey, it’s Music Monday on Listen! It’s Vetrano,!” and all is right in the world again.
This week I’ve compiled some of my favorite songs from music’s biggest divas that I think should have been (or still should be, in some cases) singles and/or hits. Songs that were deprived of the radio play and video treatments that they deserved.
While some of these tracks might take you back, others are currently on albums that are topping the charts. One thing that they all have in common though is that they’re all underrated tracks by your –and mine– favorite divas. Now, pull up your last minute to-do’s and stream “Should’ve Been Hits – Divas Edition” until the day is done.
Should’ve Been Hits – Divas Edition
- Rihanna – Good Girl Gone Bad
- Nicki Minaj (Feat. Ariana Grande) – Get On Your Knees
- Mariah Carey – Babydoll
- Lana Del Rey – Off To The Races
- Black Eyed Peas – Shut Up
- Katy Perry – Peacock
- Britney Spears – Heaven On Earth
- Fifth Harmony – Like Mariah
- Jordin Sparks – Let It Rain
- Kelly Clarkson – Let Me Down
- No Doubt – Excuse Me Mr.
- Madonna – Joan Of Arc
- Cassadee Pope – You Hear A Song
- Carrie Underwood – I Know You Won’t
- Katharine McPhee – Better Off Alone
- Destiny’s Child – Nasty Girl
- Christina Aguilera – I Am
- Mandy Moore – Not Too Young
Want to follow more of my musical tastes and playlists? Follow me on Spotify now for more music coming soon! Plus, send me some of your favorite playlists and I will give them a listen… and who knows? Maybe they’ll be featured here on an upcoming Music Monday!