With the big Marie Kondo closet clearouts well underway thanks to the Netflix hit, millions of people are finding out that they don’t necessarily love everything they have in their wardrobes. Once you’ve trimmed the fat, and only have the things you love the chances are you might feel there are a couple of gaps. Aside from underwear and socks, which you can probably never have too many of – clearing out and organizing a chic wardrobe makes getting ready every morning much easier to do. But, there is always room for improvement.
So here are a couple of things that you might like to consider:
When it is cold outside it better to have a choice of clothing. Sometimes you might prefer a long wool trench, others are short biker jacket – leather or denim are perfect. Often we have a couple of coats that we use more often, and the others are left on a shelf.
A pair of shoes that can work for formal occasions or the office is excellent. After all, we only have one pair of feet so how many pairs of shoes do we really need? Trainers are a bit of no brainer, they are comfortable, usually reasonably priced and go with almost every outfit you can concoct.
Belt It Up
A brown belt and a belt will cover pretty much anything you should need to do. Of course, you might want to make sure that the ones that you choose are roughly the same shade as your shoes for a cohesive look.
Having a pop of color, something interesting then keep an eye on Fifth Collection Celine scarves and accessories. Adding a few brightly colored shirts into the capsule collection that you have curated.
Why You Should Consider A Capsule Wardrobe:
- You need to make better use of your space
- You spend too long either deciding what to wear or trying to find a specific shirt
- Regardless of what is in your closet, you find yourself gravitating to the same clothes over and over again
- Aside from seasonable clothing, you have items just gathering dust
The Upsides to a Capsule Wardrobe:
- Everything will be easier to find in a hurry
- Before making a purchase, you will have to think about if that item will be used and how long for
- The clothes you already have will suddenly be better taken care of, and you will get even more value out of them
- You will learn brilliant tricks to make your outfits go further
- Everything you own will have more of a purpose and be worth the small amount of space it takes up
The idea of a capsule wardrobe isn’t to get rid of everything that you like in order to trim it down. It is more that you should think about what you wear, where you wear it to and the purpose that it serves. Making your morning routines a little bit quicker and genuinely caring for the clothes that you have.