If the internet is a source of truth, we know two things: that cough you feel coming on is definitely a life-threatening illness and Taylor Swift is making her return to music tonight.
For weeks, the inter-webs have been a buzz with news that Taylor Swift was preparing the follow up to her mega successful album 1989, released in 2014. Per usual for the country-turned-pop starlet, Swift has been tight lipped about the return. Many claimed the singer was preparing a massive overhaul to her image and sound, which the singer fueled when she stripped all her social accounts and website last Friday.
This week, the singer began sharing videos to her social accounts of what appears to be a snake slithering around. But “what does it all mean?!”
Then yesterday, Swift made her reveal. Reputation, the title of the new album, will be out November 10th with the album’s first single out tonight. In anticipation of the new music, we’ve broken down everything there is to know (for now) about Reputation.
10 Things About Taylor Swift’s ‘Reputation’
- The first single will drop tonight, August 24th (stream it below).
- The Internet believes the single is titled “Timeless,” which is registered under her name on ASCAP.
- The website www.timeless.com went live this week, simply stating “Coming Soon.”
- Us Weekly claims a source having heard the single says, “the song is poppy.” Another source adds, “the single is very different. It goes from very soft, to hard, to soft again. Taylor is overhauling her image.”
- Taylor’s snake-inspired video clips could reference the tweet from Kim Kardashian, where the reality personality used the snake emoji aimed at drama between Swift and her husband, Kanye West.
- Taylor enlisted help from Drake to create “edgier R&B and hip-hop sounds” for her upcoming album (artwork reflects that sentiment).
- Max Martin will lead production efforts for this album (he also worked on 1989).
- Kesha teased a collaboration with the singer, who snapped a photo in Martin’s studio. The caption read, “Making a FUCK OFF song with a casual Grammy award-winning secret person.” [NOTE: Taylor also gave Kesha $250,000 to assist with her legal bills in her ongoing battle with Dr. Luke. What a sweetie-pie! ]
- She’s rumored to be performing at this weekend’s MTV Video Music Awards, though it has been confirmed not with Katy Perry.
- Taylor’s ready to take on the haters.
That’s all we know so far, but what’s reality and what’s #fakenews these days anyway. I suppose this is exactly what Taylor Swift wants. To keep us guessing… and talking… about her ‘reputation.’
UPDATE: The single, “Look What You Made Me Do” is out now! It’s apparently a diss track to Kanye West. Stream it below and let me know what you think in the comments below!