We all love to know what inspires our favorite stars and we want to know what – or who– is behind our favorite lyrics. But why is every interview so damn serious all the time? ‘Take 5’ is a regular feature on Listen! It’s Vetrano that gives readers insight into some of the lighter things in your favorite stars’ lives. And next up in the ‘Take 5’ hot seat, Nashville singer-songwriter Trent Dabbs.
Last month, I chatted with the singer about his new release Believer, his upcoming plans for a sophomore Sugar & the Hi-Lows record and why he loves Music City. You can read my full interview with Dabbs here. But first, Take 5 with the man behind some of your favorite songs, Mr. Trent Dabbs.
1. What is your go-to karaoke tune and when was the last time you performed it?
“Let’s Get It On” by Marvin Gaye. A few months ago.
2. Movies or books? And what was your favorite from the last year?
Movies; “20,000 Days On Earth”
3. What is your favorite city to visit and where’s your favorite spot to go when visiting it?
LA; Father’s Office Burgers
4. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
5. In honor of recent events: Beck or Kanye?
I would pick Beck anyway because he doesn’t have to talk about how good he is, he’s just good.
Read my full interview with Trent Dabbs here and pick up ‘Believer‘ on iTunes now! Get more information about Dabbs, Sugar & the Hi-Lows and the upcoming 10 Out Of Tenn reunion show at trentdabbs.com.